Okay, so there is something very important that you should know about me. Peanut butter and chocolate are my favorites. I mean, I love them separately. But together… HEAVEN! Peanut butter M&M’s, buckeyes, Reese’s… You name it–I love it. So when Jeff suggested that we try this delectable treat, I couldn’t turn it down.
For one of Jeff’s Father’s Day gifts (besides the handmade part), we got him an air popcorn popper. Air popped popcorn–as opposed to microwave popcorn–is also one of my faves. Jeff found THE most delicious popcorn recipe on Browneyed Baker. It is basically the same as muddy buddies (also called “puppy chow” sometimes). So here is the recipe and some pictures.
Yields: 8 to 10 servings (although, I think I ate most of it…)
9 cups plain popcorn
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place the popcorn in a very large bowl; set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter to a large bowl. Microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until completely melted.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Immediately pour the chocolate mixture over the popcorn. Using a large spoon, stir until all of the popcorn is evenly coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Place the powdered sugar in a large bag and add the chocolate-covered popcorn. Seal the bag and shake vigorously until all of the popcorn is coated in powdered sugar.
- Spread the mixture out onto the baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until set.
So, there you have it! Give it a try and enjoy!