Jeff and I have been trying REALLY hard to eat healthier lately–and we’ve been doing pretty well. Except for when Jeff convinces me to eat ice cream at least 2 or 3 times a week. Oops! Last week I made the most delicious healthy snack, and I’ve made it a couple of times since because I’m so obsessed!! Here it is:
WHOLE WHEAT PITA CHIPS
Ingredients and Materials:
- Whole Wheat Pita Rounds
- Kosher Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Cookie Sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Split pitas in half, and cut them into smaller wedges.
- Coat each side of the wedges with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 7 minutes or until crisp and golden.
After they are done, you can put lots of things on them. I usually eat them with hummus, but honestly, they are SO good plain. I also made this one day:
You guys. This was so yummy! Let me tell you what it is:
- Pita Chips
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Romaine Lettuce
- Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Water, 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, mixed together and sprinkled on top
I am not kidding when I said that I have made these several times. So! If you need a healthy snack, check it out!!!